"Health is wealth. Peace of mind is happiness. Yoga shows the way."
Join us for a 5 day Yoga Retreat in beautiful Bacalar, México.
Bacalar is a beautiful town set upon the edge of a multicolored lake, that is the second largest fresh water lake in Mexico. Set slightly off the well-beaten tourist path, Bacalar is quieter and less developed than other destinations in the region. There is a small, traditional town center, hotels and houses along the banks of the lake and the whole place has a relaxed, laid-back vibe. Being a popular destination among Mexicans for a long time, it is certainly growing but maintains its traditional charm and stunning natural beauty.
This immersion is designed to share with you what has changed our lives through the teachings that we have received from our teachers and that come directly from Swami Vishnudevananda and Swami Sivananda.
2 Yoga classes per day
Specialized Asana Workshops
Classes in Yoga Philosophy
2 Satsang Sessions per day (consisting of Meditation, Chanting and a short teaching) - open to local people to join for free
Use of the facilities where the classes will take place (direct access to the beautiful lake)
DAILY SCHEDULE (Subject to change)
7:00 am - 8:00 am Satsang
8:00 am - 10:00 am Yoga Class
10:00 am - 12:00 am Brunch
12:00 am - 2:00 pm Free Time
2:00 pm - 3:00 pm Yoga Philosophy
3:00 pm - 3:30 pm Snack
4:00 pm - 5:00 pm Kirtan
5:00 pm - 6:00 pm Yoga Workshop or Yoga Class
6:00 pm - 8:00 pm Dinner
8:00 pm - 9:00 pm Satsang
- 35% of the total cost of the retreat is not reimbursable, cumulative or transferable.
- If cancelled 15 or more days before the starting date, there will be a 50% refund.
- There will be no refund for cancellations done with less than 14 days notice.
- Flights and transportation are not included.
- Meals are not included, we will have water and tea during the day.
- Limited to 15 people.
- We suggest that during the retreat students stick to a yogic diet (no drinking alcohol, no eating meat, no smoking).
- There is one more double room available in the house where the classes take place. The second option is to simply book your accomodation on your own responsibility in e.g. one of the recommended places below.
- On the arrival day we start the program at 2:00 pm. On the departure day we finish at 2:00 pm.
HOW TO GET THERE
Bacalar is located in southern Quintana Roo and is right next to the 307 Highway, which makes getting there very easy. It is a direct drive from Cancun (4 hours), Playa del Carmen (3 hours 15 minutes) and Tulum (2.5 hours).
You can also reach Bacalar by the first class ADO buses, which leave multiple times daily from Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Tulum as well as other cities around the Yucatan Peninsula.
Bacalar is relatively small and easy to navigate by foot. Bikes can also be rented to explore the area and taxis are relatively inexpensive should you need to escape the heat.
WHAT TO TAKE ?
Comfortable clothes, yoga mat, meditation cushion (if you have), clothes for warm days and chilly evenings, rain clothes, bug spray, sunscreen, flashlight, bathing suit, notebook and pen. (These are a few suggestions for you to have an even more pleasant stay. However they are not mandatory.)
WHERE CAN YOU STAY?
HOSTAL PATA DE PERRO - https://www.facebook.com/patadeperrobacalar/
LULU LA BRUJA - https://www.facebook.com/lululabruja/
CASA CHINA - https://www.facebook.com/casachinabacalar/
HOTEL AIRES - http://www.airesbacalar.com/es/inicio/
Jagadambika & Narayana tread the path to inner freedom, peace and happiness through chanting Kirtan and sharing the power of Yoga with their wholehearted love and devotion.